Legal Advice on Leases
Legal Advice on Commercial and Retail Leases
Landlord and Tenant Law
We provide fixed price leases as well as legal advice to both lessors and lessees in relation to all matters involving leases.
We have wide experience in advising both landlords and tenants with respect to their rights and obligations pursuant to commercial and residential leasing.
For Lessors we provide caveat clauses with our leases to provide security over the guarantors' properties.
For Lessees it is important to seek legal advice from the best Perth Commercial and Retail Lease Lawyers before entering into a lease, so you know and understand the key terms and conditions contained in the lease. It can also reduce potential risks to you personally or your business at a later stage. We also assist clients involved in all types of lease disputes whether as Lessor or Lessee.
Our practice is located outside of the Perth CBD and because of this our hourly rates and fixed prices for commercial work and for litigation are 20% lower than the standard rates charged by most Perth law firms. Our rates are extremely competitive compared to the rates charged by other commercial law firms.
A commercial lease is used when leasing property used primarily for a business. In Western Australia, many commercial leases are regulated by the Commercial Tenancy (Retail Shops) Agreement Act (WA) 1985. That act regulates retail lease arrangements between landlords and tenants and outlines some of their rights and responsibilities in relation to leases. The act sets out extensive disclosure requirements for landlords, establishes a consistent and fair process for rent reviews and enhances security of tenure for tenants.
Aherns Lawyers can provide the best advice and assistance with residential, commercial and retail leases.
Aherns Lawyers can assist you with:
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing the terms of lease agreements, property management agreements, disclosure statements, notices of election to exercise an option and the tenant guide;
- Enforcing the terms and conditions of lease agreements;
- Lease dispute resolution;
- Legal advice on force majeure clauses in commercial/retail leases.
- Reviewing a current lease;
- Negotiation for the terms of the lease;
- Assignment and subletting of premises;
- Termination of leases;
- Advice on rent and rent review;
- Default and breaches; and
- Repair and maintenance.
For further information on our services regarding Leases please see Property Law.