All Business Disputes (1)
If you are having a business dispute or you think one may arise it will be vital to take advice from a Perth Lawyer experienced in handling business disputes. We have advised clients for 25 years on the best methods of commercial dispute resolution, conciliation, mediation, arbitration or court proceedings.
Disputes often occur over the terms of contracts and debt /capital disputes between Partners, Directors and Shareholders but you could also be having internal business disputes over how your business is being run, or disputes over financial returns and capital contributions.
Our practice is located outside of the Perth CBD and because of this our hourly rates are 20% lower than the standard rates charged by most Perth law firms. Our rates are extremely competitive compared to the rates charged by other commercial law firms.
We can provide you with advice on:
Shareholders and directors
- Disputes between directors and shareholders
- Breach of director's duties
- Withholding of dividends
- Failure to provide financial, accounting and statutory information
- Breaches of shareholder agreements
- Exclusion from meetings for example shareholder meetings and general meetings
- Corporate and individual clients seeking access to books and records of the company;
- Seeking remedies against oppressive conduct pursuant to section 233 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth);
- Seeking remedies available against directors breaching their duties to the company and shareholders pursuant to the requirements of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth);
- Seeking urgent interlocutory and final injunctions to prevent damage to the company;
- The appointment of an administrator or receiver to the company;
- If a dispute cannot be resolved, providing advice and representing clients in seeking a winding up of the company, including on the basis of:
- Oppressive conduct pursuant to section 461(1)(f) of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth); or
- Just and equitable terms pursuant to section 461(k) of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth); and
- Providing advice and representing clients in defence of proceedings commenced against the client or the company.
- Partnership issues and disputes
- Alternative methods of dispute resolution
- Dissolution of partnerships
- Division of assets
Disputes between business owners
- Over use of business names
- Disputes over clients
- Family trust disputes
Disputes over Trusts
Business Trust Disputes
- If you are a trustee or a beneficiary under a trust with a legal issue you need advice and guidance from a Perth Lawyer experienced in all the methods of achieving the best resolution of those issues. Often family members are involved.
Misuse of Business Property
- Claims against employees and shareholders for misusing business property, trade secrets, client lists, tender information and systems.